We’re Hiring!!! Office Administrator (OA)
Reporting directly to the president, the Office Administrator (OA) will provide high level administrative support to the president and seamless oversight of the organization’s daily operations, including support to financial management, human resources, vendor support, acquisition of equipment, supplies and other resources and services. The OA must be highly collaborative and work closely with team members to coordinate and support the effective flow of the president’s priorities, schedule and activities. The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and have sound judgment, excellent organization skills and a commitment to the values of the firm.
The OA is responsible to handling confidential and sensitive information, the highest degree of discretion is required. The position demands flexibility, reliability, ability to produce within tight time constraints, and adapt to changing responsibilities. The ideal candidate will interface with every level of the organization, including the clients, prospective business partners and team members. The OA must exhibit a high level of discretion, maturity and reliability in terms of punctuality, time management and discretion.
- Serve as principal point of contact with the external accounting firm (on behalf of the president) and assist in maintaining the organization’s bookkeeping systems. Work closely with the accounting firm to enter data for monthly bank reconciliation, payment vouchers, AP and AR, client billing and other data processing for financial reports.
- Assist in development of budgets, financial proposals and other financial presentations for client management and new business development.
- Oversee administration of the firm’s GSA contract, including government systems maintenance and quarterly and annual reporting.
- Oversee office operations including planning for onsite events and other activities, mail, supplies and other general office administrative/operations responsibilities and assignments.
- Serve as primary point of contact with vendors; oversee acquisition, purchases, inventory and planning of materials, supplies and equipment. Secure and oversee petty cash and provide monthly reconciliation reports.
- Maintain human resource record-keeping, serve as principal point of contact with retirement fund, Third-Party Administrator and Health Insurance Provider.
- Assist in finalizing contracts for vendors, consultants and clients.
- Write and prepare general correspondence, generate Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and database management.
- Serve as principal scheduler for the President.
- Oversee telephone reception, screening and routing calls to appropriate team members. Independently handles inquiries which do not require technical knowledge and refers callers to others as appropriate.
- Serve as account coordinator providing administrative support in preparation
of organization and client documents, deliverables and presentations.
- Develop, implement and maintain paper and electronic filing systems. Update and efficiently retrieves information as required.
- Previous experience (10+ years) in as an office manager, executive assistant or scheduler is mandatory.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable in responding to fast-paced and shifting demands of multiple clients.
- Strong attention to detail in performing administrative tasks with proven track record coordinating projects.
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and experience using social marketing platforms and tools, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Strong conflict management and negotiation skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and problem solving
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Project and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Delegation of authority and responsibility
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Team leadership and coaching skills
- Stress tolerance
- Teamwork and collaboration